Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hellboy and the Hand of Doom

I have finally (almost) finished my masterpiece after about 2 weeks of work. I am please to present Hellboy:
Hellboy is a comic/movie about a secret agency funded by the government called the Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense. Hellboy, Abe Sapien (Who I need to make as well), Dr. Broom (Hellboy's dad), and Liz Sherman (Hellboy's girlfriend, sometimes) fight paranormal threats to humans. Hellboy in the movie is played by Ron Perlman who is also in Sons of Anarchy (LOVE that show), Hellboy is sarcastic and hilarious and just a really fun character that I have fallen in love with. If you have never seen the movie, then I urge you to go see it, both Hellboy 1 and 2 are on TV all the time. 
I have been wanting to make a Hellboy for a while now so finally I just decided to go for it. I am still not quite done with him, he still needs his belt and belt buckle and his trench coat. When I started to sketch him out I realized that the hardest obstacle would be his Hand of Doom. Somehow by using my magic it came out pretty prefect, I even put wire in the Hand of Doom so his fingers can move.
 His sawed off horns were easy enough, but when and if I make him again I will probably machine sew instead of hand sew these because of the felt pulling, but I still love the way the turned out. I also didn't have any yellow eyes with regular pupils, so I took a pair of brown eyes scratched off the brown and painted them yellow and I love how they look. I also love this little soul patch, it makes me giggle.
 His hair and sideburns were interesting to figure out. His hair is pulled into a sumo wrestler like ponytail and then tied up with string, so I did my best to mimic that.
 This picture is to showcase his pose-able tail and cute sideburns. I really am so excited to finally make him because he is one of my favorite characters and I absolutely love the Hellboy movies, I still need to read the comic too.
 If you have seen the movies, then you know how much he loves his kitties, so here is the obligatory kittie shot. I just love how pissed the cat looks in this photo it is probably because I followed her around with Hellboy until I could get a good photo. Miss Kittie is not my cat, I am house sitting her right now and well lets just say she is a BIG cat and lets you know when you need to feed her.
I really hope you enjoyed this project as much as I do. Feel free to comment below.

Love,
RobbinZombie

No comments:

Post a Comment