Thursday, August 4, 2011

Update and Fun Ramblings

I know I haven't posted since Sunday, but I have been very busy this week. I have finished three items for my Mini 13 Days of Halloween Swap, all of them I want to keep. I am about 1/2 way through a fourth item that is giving me a little trouble because I have never really done anything like it and came up with my own pattern, so we will see how it turns out. I am also going to, that is right I am promising that a tutorial WILL be posted this weekend, finally. I am excited, it is something I have made before, but this one will be a little different.

If you don't know it already, I love anything to do with Cryptozoology, or the study of animals we are not sure exist, such as Nessie, Bigfoot, Yeti, etc. Well the other day I was visiting some antique stores and I came across this little guy:
I wanted him soooo bad because he looks exactly like I think the Dover Demon would look, in fact he looks very similar to the Dover Demon character in Proof, which is a comic book about a government agency that protect cryptids and protects people from cryptids. In fact Proof the main character is a Bigfoot, and he is an agent who works to protect as well as trying find other Bigfoots like himself. It's a REALLY good comic book. Anyway, that little carving would have been mine if it wasn't 3 inches tall and $35. I know that it is old and made of Jade and handcarved, but still $35, really? Needless to say I took a picture and left, but who knows maybe the person who carved it was in fact carving the Dover Demon.

For the past 6 months I have been working on creating items to start and Etsy shop. Not because I think that I could one day quite my job and just sew my creations and make lots of money, but because I want to be know for something. I have always been that artsy kid, but I knew that I couldn't have a house and a family, just being an artist (the people that do are amazing and worked very hard and I commend them, but I'm just not sure I'm that good) so I decided a long time ago to do my art on the side. I just want people to crush on what I do as much as I crush on other crafters. I just want to feel like I have accomplished something in my life and that other people love my art too. So far I feel like I am getting closer and closer to this goal. As of today I have about 5 items in my possession that I have created for my shop, including Hellboy. I also want to have Han Becca, Indiana Jones, and some others too, but I need to create one for my inventory.

Enough with the rambling, basically soon I want to post photos of my creations that will be going into my shop, so each week stay tuned for a different creations and here is a sneak peak. These have never been posted before and only friend and family have seen the creations so far.
Yup, you saw that right cyclops kitty, my grandma took one look at it and said "you poor thing you" and I just laughed.

I hope you continue to read my blog and I hope you enjoy it enough to follow it. (Please Follow it I will love you forever) 

Enough begging for now, see you soon.
Love,
RobbinZombie

No comments:

Post a Comment