Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cutest Jackalope

I love everything having to do with Cryptozoology. My tops favorite crypids are Bigfoot, Yeti, Nessie, Jackalope, and Chupacabra. I have made both the Bigfoot and the Yeti so I decided that the next crypid I was going to make was a Jackalope. My favorite part of the Jackalope has to be the antlers. I just love how the antlers make a rabbit very whimsical, especially this one.
  I was afraid that the antlers would not turn out right, but they turned out better than I thought they would.I was afraid that they would turn out more 2D than 3D, but after stuffing them FOREVER, I think they turned out amazing.

I also love the cute puff ball tail, I crocheted a ball and combed it so that it would be fluffy (it's so fluffy I could die). I also love the little spot of white under is chin, I don't have any pictures of it right now, but it is pretty cute.
 With this pattern I also made the legs attached to the body as one piece, it was a little more complicated than the kitty pattern, but in the end I figured it out. This Jackalope will also be available in my upcoming Etsy shop.

I hope you guys like him as much as I do.
Thanks,
RobbinZombie

1 comment: