So after about a week, Cthulhu is done and I'm excited. I have been wanting to create one for a while, but I wasn't sure how I wanted to create it. So the other day when I made a Toothless Dragon for my best friends birthday I know I could take (bought the pattern because I waited until the last minute to make the gift why reinvent the wheel) what I learned from creating Toothless and use that to create a Cthulhu.
Every time I create a new pattern I learn new things and that is why I love making stuffies. I love that I can continue to learn and grow and continuously get better.
I put wire in the top of the wings and the tentacles to allow for different movement and to add to the overall affect.
I really love this side shot because so can see the head profile and his cute belly. I was going to give him legs and feet, but I decided that I like him better without. He is about 7 inches tall and 9 inches wide. He was a lot more hand-sewing than I normally do, but as long as he turns out he way I want I could care less if I hand-sew the whole thing. I was going to give him green cat eyes, but I could only find 1 in the size I wanted, so when I tried the yellow ones I was glad I didn't just pick the green and not try anything else.
I hope you love him, because I sure do. I hope he brightened your day.